My DD (darling daughter) is the master at turning a phrase.  While I cannot hold a candle to her writings, I figured I could do this as well.  Welcome to my life!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How many t-shirts are too many t-shirts?


OK my main purpose in life this week is to resurrect the wreck that is my bedroom and closet.  My closet is so bad that I have two hanging rack things outside taking up space in my room because there is so much crap in my closet.  So I figure that if it is on the floor of the closet, chances are I'll never wear it or miss it again.  Riiighht.  I found 25 year old Topsiders that look really good, so I wear them out to dinner tonight.  OK that's all, most everything else has gone to the trash bags headed for MARVA or Salvation Army.

Everything but the t-shirts...

Some people collet rare wines, other people collect fine art.  I collect t-shirts.  I have shirts from vacation spots like Mesa Verde and Wall, SD.  I have shirts from TECH.  I have shirts from every Homecoming Lamar has had since I arrived there, that makes 20.  I have shirts I have designed for a soccer tournament and shirts to commemorate the RHS After Proms of 1999 and 2002.  Shirts from soccer tournaments, basketball tournaments, Razorback shirts, cheer shirts and school colors shirts from Adam to Izard.  I figure that I can wear a different shirt everyday from tomorrow until probably sometime in August or  maybe even September.
Yes, there are that many.  I have this huge chest of drawers that has this one long, deep drawer.  I rolled and deposited 50 shirts in it. 50.  there's 2 1/2 months right there.

So does this mean I will never buy another t-shirt?  Certainly not!  New cheer shirts are in order for the summer.  I figure I'll go SOMEWHERE where a t-shirt will be purchased for memories.  Probably by the end of summer I will have acquired another 10 or 12. 

Do they have rehab for t-shirt addiction?  HHMMMM....

2 comments:

  1. What the heck? You should let me go through your clothes sista! This is my next project (Saturday I hope) cleaning my closet out! I am totally out of room and my bar is about to come out of the walls! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are flying to Dallas? What about me? Just for a day? Great shopping! Basketball Monday girl! I have been walking and running hoping to stay in shape!

    ReplyDelete