My DD (darling daughter) is the master at turning a phrase.  While I cannot hold a candle to her writings, I figured I could do this as well.  Welcome to my life!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010


I love spring.  There, I said it and I mean it.  I want to get outside and work in the yard, ride a bike, walk the dog (or let the dog walk me, more like it) and just be.
However, this is more difficult than it looks.  Case in point, Sunday afternoon, after the obligatory nap, I was watching the GSC Women's championship game and couldn't stand it any longer after the second overtime.  So I go outside to work in the flower bed.  Rake and water bottle in hand, I rake and listen to the game, chase the neighbor dogs out of the flower bed and get everything prepared for flowers and tomatoes and peppers next week.
Monday morning- eyes itching, nose running, and sneezing abounds.  Yep- the elm and cedar are in blossom and now I can't breathe. Ahh spring.
Anyway, it's 60 degrees as I write this at 5:30AM.  Supposed to be 70 this afternoon.  High of 65 tomorrow, then, frost the rest of the week.  So much for putting the flowers in, or tomatoes, or anything else.
The photo was from last spring when I created the bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hummmm, isn't this Arkansas?
    The weather is always strange! I have planted my potatoes and onions sets in one garden, after good Friday, I will get my tomatoes, peppers and probably squash in the other garden! Hope this counts towards our True Blue! Speaking of the challenge, tell me.....where is the post on our basketball? Monday is on girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete