My DD (darling daughter) is the master at turning a phrase.  While I cannot hold a candle to her writings, I figured I could do this as well.  Welcome to my life!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Love and Basketball

Blue and You Challenge is rolling along.  I have become the Log-in Nazi and am after my team to log their exercise times .  So far so good.
So what's this got to do with basketball?  PLENTY!  The overall instigator of getting all of us on board sent out an all-call to anybody who wanted to play basketball after school to come on out last Thursday.  SAWEET! So I enlist my pal Chris to join in the fun.  She breaks her neck to get back to school and here we are- a couple of one-time six on six ballers hangin out with a bunch of women who do this regularly!  So we stand around and shoot around a bit and talk about graduation caps and gowns and prom dresses!  Then we choose up sides and get with it!  Chris is not guarding me but a really scrappy teacher is.  She schools me and I hook shot her.  She gets a rebound, and I almost pack her.  At the end of 20 minutes, when we stopped for air and water- I had 10 points and Chris had 8.  Neither of us broke a hip or turned an ankle or anything.  It was a lot of fun.  Heck, I wasn't even sore until two days later!  Thank goodness no one had a hidden camera and snapped incriminating photos!

I flipping love basketball!  March Madness is the greatest thing except for a RED SOX appearance in the World Series.  On Selection Sunday, I am armed with paper and pencil to get the brackets right, fill out my brackets and join a probability study (read pool!) 

I root for the locals, it they're in it, or sentimental favorites- Duke, Syracuse.  On the women's side- love them Lady Vols all the time!

Right now- I am all over my Golden Suns!  Gulf South Conference Champs, South Region Champs and beat the Okras from Delta State three times this year!!!  Next stop- the ELite Eight in 10 days!  Fight on Arkansas Tech, fight on to victory.  The finals tonight was one of the best games I have ever been to, except maybe the 2002 Women's National Championship game when UConn went 39-0. I go through serious withdrawal when the last buzzer sounds in the championship game, until baseball season....

3 comments:

  1. Ok woman, I am 3 games above you, what is the deal? I know you had cheerleading, but that can wait, we have ball to play, LOL..

    No, she told me to jump rope next week to stay in shape, if I am sore after Monday, I am going to skin her! Ya, know you have a key to the gym, we can play one/one! ? ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you should have come to Wallie's Volleyball game, he and I were on the same team and we smoked the first game. I had to leave for class! He said we would be playing again, wanna play?

    ReplyDelete