My DD (darling daughter) is the master at turning a phrase.  While I cannot hold a candle to her writings, I figured I could do this as well.  Welcome to my life!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

What did you buy today at Wal-Mart?


Have I mentioned that the DD is a songwriter?  When she was nine or ten or so, she penned the Wal-Mart Song.  While at the University of Arkansas, a friend of hers sang it with guitar accompaniment and background vocals.  DD then burns it to a CD and gives it to me for my birthday.  It is hysterical, and now because it is on my ipod, several of my students have heard it.  I played it in class the other day, and it is almost as good as Pants on the Ground! 

"People look at me and say
 you're as dumb as dumb can be 
but I say I'm just fun 
'cause I go to Wal-Mart
People look at my parents and they say
what's the matter wit your girl today
and they say
she would have been like this anyway
cause we shop at Wal-Mart

At Wal-Mart you can buy everything on your list
and you don't have to have a list at all
no no no
you can go by the electronic department
and drive by the underwear
and I like to buy my underwear 
at Wal-Mart

you can buy some underwear and buy some DVD's
and we can go back to my place and watch them all night long
and talk about our adventure
at Wal-Mart

People look at me and say you're so smart
'cause you go to Wal-Mart

What did you buy today at Wal-Mart?"

We do keep the tradition going- 

1 comment: