My DD (darling daughter) is the master at turning a phrase.  While I cannot hold a candle to her writings, I figured I could do this as well.  Welcome to my life!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I fought the Tupperware cupboard- and won!

I love Tupperware!  It's so bright and squeaky (when it's clean), and mighty handy to have around.  But there comes a time when the other half says, "For the love of God- NO MORE TUPPERWARE!!!"

This is true.  I have (don't lie, everyone does!) a cupboard in the kitchen that is the catch-all for plastic storage containers.  This is the cupboard that gets so much crap pushed into it that the doors won't stay closed, and you take your life in your hands when you open it.  Today, as I was getting ready to find room for my bright NEW Tupperware pieces, I decided to tackle the hell that is this cupboard.  All orphaned pieces bowls and lids alike, went to the trash.  Lids were attached to bowls.  A big basket was put in to hold the tens of thousands of dishtowels I have.  Yeah, I can't pass up buying a new dishtowel either.  An hour or so later, behold, an organized cleaner up cupboard.  Miracles never cease, and now I probably won't get popped in the head when I open this cupboard- for a few days, anyway!  

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I do have a cabinet that catches bowls and tupperware. Just wish I could find someone who sells tupperware, getting very low!

    Yes, Friday night I should have known when my patience were very short and the game was bothering me! Red flag one! Starving, I was so hungry and couldn't figure out what I wanted to eat ~ red flag two; then I couldn't sleep that night, restless night and by 7 I was throwing up! Today (Sunday) my head is killing me!

    Hope you do not get it! I stop at DJ's everymorning and they all are passing it around!

    ReplyDelete