My DD (darling daughter) is the master at turning a phrase.  While I cannot hold a candle to her writings, I figured I could do this as well.  Welcome to my life!

Monday, January 18, 2010

I have a day off, so what to do?

Happy MLK Day.  So here I sit, listening to (not watching, mind you) A Knight's Tale for about the 20th time, and trying to figure out what to do to occupy my time until I have to go to JoCo and catch a bus for a ball game.  Let's see, I am caught up on Facebook, have washed all my clothes, dishes done, living room reasonably clean, DAR reports finished, pretty much.  Beckett is looking out the window like she wants to go for a walk, so I suppose I could do that.  I have been planning my salsa garden for next summer, though, except I won't be planting button or calico peppers or or garlic chives, or Better Boy tomatoes.  Roma tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, and bell peppers- that will be my garden! Maybe the tomatoes will actually grow this year!

Until planting time, I will have to be satisfied with making this fabulous salsa that I got off of Pioneer Woman's blog.  Nectar of the gods!!

OK, of my carcass and take the dog out!


ADDITION:

OK dog walked, or she walked me, one or the other.  Second best lunch in the world made- kitchen sink chicken salad.  As in everything in it but the kitchen sink.


Easy peasy lemon squeezy:

2 cans of white meat chicken- I use Hormel, but you are more than welcome to cook, debone and chop your own

1T ranch dressing
2-3 T mayonaise- the real stuff, I use the kind with olive oil in it
2T dill pickle relish
2T sweet pickle relish
handful of nuts: almonds are my current favorite, but pecans or walnuts are good, too
1/4 c craisins
1/4 c matchstick carrots
if you love 'em, sliced ripe olives  about 2T
a couple of shakes of minced onion- the dried kind
salt to taste
pepper to taste
paprika to taste

Drain the canned chicken and put in bowl.  Use a fork or wooden spoon to break up the big pieces of chicken.

Add everything else and mix well.  Add more mayo, pickles, etc. if you feel the need.

Slap a heaping helping on a slice of bread, or my personal favorite, eat it with Wheat Thins or melba toast.  

Don't allow the dog to shame you into giving her any!!!


1 comment:

  1. I know why you are planting a garden with the veggies you mentioned! Yum, Yum stuff! I have started one of my gardens by getting it ready for potatoes and onions. The other garden will consist of roma tomatoes, and many other types, bell peppers, okra and peppers! Yes, I have two gardens! I can tomatoes, tomato juice, salsa, about 70 jars total so I need tomoatoes! :)

    ReplyDelete