My DD (darling daughter) is the master at turning a phrase.  While I cannot hold a candle to her writings, I figured I could do this as well.  Welcome to my life!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Feeling crunched...

Yep- it's getting close to Christmas. About this time every year, the pressure mounts. It's a shame that the end of the fall semester and Christmas have to be at the same time. And all the stuff you want to do you can't because of stuff you have to do.
Case in point- the Russelville Christmas Parade. Always the highlight of my biologicals' younger days. We would go downtown at 5:00 in the afternoon and find a parking place and camp for the hour or hour and a half till we hear the fire truck. Then the Russellville Band would come through, then the floats from the businesses and churches and the Scout groups and the bands from other schools, and where else can you see a garbage truck all decorated with Christmas lights, I ask you! The bios were on a float once- riding in a bed with "visions of sugarplums" dancing around them. That was fun. They also marched in their respective bands, both at the same time, but alas, never together. I rode on a float once- singing Michael Jackson's version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". The last time we went to the parade was probably five years ago. I think it was cold. Ahh, small town America.

This year, no parade, no singing the "Messiah", again. Couldn't find the time to practice for the Candlelight service. So- what to do? Well, I am "adopting" an orphan from Guatemala, again. Maybe two- one for me and one for my confirmand I am mentoring.
I am going to attempt to make Christmas at my house be merry and bright- jury's still out on that one. I am going to sing Christmas songs and listen to my cd's. Read the Christmas story in Luke- again. Watch "Christmas Vacation- again. Put reindeer horns on the dog- at least for a minute.

Maybe itll snow...

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking putting on the horns, bull horns so I can get my shopping completed before Christmas! This year has gone by so fast! Where is time going? I hope the Lord slows it down for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets see a picture of your door from school! Come on, I know those snowflakes are 'beautiful and flawless'! :)

    ReplyDelete