My DD (darling daughter) is the master at turning a phrase.  While I cannot hold a candle to her writings, I figured I could do this as well.  Welcome to my life!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

OK, so is 6 Christmas trees a little excessive?


I have 11 boxes of Christmas decorations.  I'm not talking about little boxes, either.  I mean big-A Rubbermaid tubs of Christmas stuff.  Inside these tubs are pieces of my childhood, pieces of my kids' childhood, and an obsession with Christmas stuff.
Why six trees?  Well, this goes back to when my sister and I had our own tree in our bedroom.  It was smaller than the huge tree Daddy would go out and find, covered with ornaments that were on my mom's tree when she was young.  I have the tree at the left in the front window.  This is the family tree, covered with ornaments from when I was little, ornaments the kids made at various times, collectable ornaments, and my collection of brass ornaments of landmarks in Arkansas.
The blue room tree is a reminder of our trip to the North Carolina coast in May for my niece's wedding.  For the reception, her mom found these great fish ornaments and stuff.  I found some beach-y type ornaments.  Add a few ball ornaments to look like bubbles, and flamingo garland, the ocean is now in Russellville.
Tree #3 is a tabletop one that has a 25 year collection of Hallmark rocking horse and pony for Christmas ornaments.
The tree in the bathroom (yes, bathroom!) has candy canes and ribbon candy ornaments.
In each of the kids' room are ceramic trees- one that I painted and fired the summer before Evan was born, and the other belonged  to Reg's mom.

If I had room, I probably would have one or two more......
 

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh, love the trees! I didn't know you had a tree in your room! I used to love trees and decorating them, but now I go simple! Small western oriment tree, and the day after Christmas I will have all packed and ready to go back upstairs!

    Have a good week my friend, wonderful time off and a Merry Christmas!

    B is feeling much better! Thanks for askin!

    ReplyDelete