My DD (darling daughter) is the master at turning a phrase.  While I cannot hold a candle to her writings, I figured I could do this as well.  Welcome to my life!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

On insomnia and other things...

It's 4AM on Christmas Adam (came before Eve, right?) and I am watching a Charles Bronson movie and listening to the dog snore. I keep thinking of all the stuff that needs doing tomorrow (no wait, today) and just stuff in general equals no sleep.  Why is that?   I guess I could put on a pot of coffee and start a load of laundry.  Or maybe make that batch of buttermilk fudge I was thinking about doing.  Or read a book. 
Maybe I could contemplate what I have done: shopping is done, groceries are done, house is clean (reasonably) for now, meal for Sunday planned.  So why can't I sleep?

 

1 comment:

  1. Too much time on your hands! Don't you know we live on 'stress' and when everything is done, we have time on our hands! (or maybe it is to much coffee, chocolate or anticipation of a full house)

    ReplyDelete