My DD (darling daughter) is the master at turning a phrase.  While I cannot hold a candle to her writings, I figured I could do this as well.  Welcome to my life!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

May we be truly thankful...




For several reasons, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. The three days off from school is a plus, for sure, but that's not the best one.

First off, my adult children get to be home for a few days. Since they have "grown up", yeah, they are a lot more fun to be around. Monopoly, Scrabble, movies that no one stays awake to the end of, and the opening of the "Fun Zone". Telling stories that no one remembers "hey, remember when we stayed at that motel in Dardanelle....", ah, yes, the list goes on...

Second- this is about the only time I get to see my sister and her family that they aren't having to run off really fast. She lives in a fast paced gotta keep up with a 13 year old world and seldom gets up here

Third, My mom's sweet potatoes! I cannot make them like she does, hard as I try. Today, we eat at her house, although I and my sister are doing most of the cooking, but that's ok too- her table is bigger.

Fourth fried turkey- enough said.

Dogs- my dog, my mom's dog, my sister's dog, and this year, the dog in law. We've gone to the dogs!

So here's to my two readers- Happy THanksgiving to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment